Friday, August 10, 2012

ITS A GIRL AND 3 BOYS!

This isn't the greatest picture, but we (Brighton and I) have four healthy puppies! I feel I've worked and worried just as hard!! I've been apprehensive about Brighton for the past two days.  I always know my mama's are getting close to giving birth when they stop eating and start nesting.  I awoke to the sound of her digging and moving her bed around in her crate at 3:00 AM.  I sleepily got down in the floor with her.  She was just a shaking and literally staring at me as if to say, "Don't leave me".
She had her first puppy at 3:40 and the second at 4:20, and then... nothing.  I had a good guess that she was going to have four puppies and could definitely tell that there were more that should be coming.  Finally, I called the vet at 7:00 and decided to take her in. This was her fourth litter so it should have been a piece of cake.  When my wonderful vet got there, she tried to induce her, but it didn't work.  She made a decision to perform a C-section.  I have had a total of 18 litters so far and none of my dogs have ever had to have a C-section! Anyway, everything turned out great thanks to the Madisonville Veterinarian Hospital with Dr. Totten and Dr. Sullivan.  Brighton acts like she had a normal delivery and all of the puppies are eating and sleeping.  Of course they have been by my side all day in a laundry basket so I can check on them every few minutes.  Thank goodness I could be home with them today.

Cinderella should be any day! Hopefully she'll have an easier time.
I've got several deposits to hold puppies so far so if you are interested, please contact me. First come, first serve with the deposits.  Please e-mail, text or call 936-348-4654. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment